(a) Subject to any limitations on transferred private activity bond limit as may be provided in subdivision (d) of Section 8869.85, any state agency or local agency may utilize its private activity bond limit for any of the following:
(1) The issuance of private activity bonds.
(2) If permitted by the committee, to make a carryforward election pursuant to Section 142(k) or Section 146(f) of the Internal Revenue Code.
(3) If permitted by the committee, to make a transfer to any state agency,
local agency, or the committee.
(b) Prior to issuing any private activity bonds, the issuer shall, in the bond resolution or other similar action giving approval for the issuance of bonds, specifically designate to the bond issue a portion of the private activity bond limit available or expected to be available to that issuer. The designation shall be irrevocable upon the issuance of the bonds to the extent of the amount thereof.
(c) Each state agency and local agency shall notify the committee in writing, as directed by the committee, after any of the following:
(1) The issuance of any private activity bonds.
(2) Any action taken pursuant to subdivision (d) of Section 8869.85 to transfer any portion of its private activity bond limit.
(3) Any election to treat all or any portion of the state agencys or local agencys private activity bond limit as a carryforward pursuant to Section 142(k) or Section 146(f) of the Internal Revenue Code. The committee shall keep the notices in its records for a period no less than the term of all private activity bonds issued as described in the notices.