There is hereby created the Delta Protection Commission consisting of 15 members as follows:
(a) One member of the board of supervisors, or his or her designee, of each of the five counties within the Delta whose supervisorial district is within the primary zone shall be appointed by the board of supervisors of each of those respective counties.
(b) (1)Two elected city council members shall be selected and appointed by city selection committees, from the appropriate regions specified in subparagraphs (A) and (B), one in each of the following areas:
(A) One from the
south Delta, consisting of the County of San Joaquin.
(B) One from the west Delta, from either the County of Contra Costa or the County of Solano, on a rotating basis.
(2) One elected city council member shall be selected and appointed by city selection committees, from regional and area councils of government from the north Delta, consisting of the Counties of Yolo and Sacramento.
(3) A city council member appointed pursuant to this subdivision may select a designee for purposes of this subdivision.
(4) Notwithstanding Section 29736, the term of office of the members selected pursuant to this subdivision shall be two years.
(c) One member each from the board of directors of three different reclamation districts that are located within the primary zone who are residents of the Delta, and who are elected by the trustees of reclamation districts pursuant to paragraphs (1), (2), and (3). Each reclamation district may nominate one director to be a member. The member from an area described in paragraph (1), (2), or (3) shall be selected from among the nominees by a majority vote of the reclamation districts in that area. A member selected pursuant to this subdivision may select a designee for this purpose. For the purposes of this section, each reclamation district shall have one vote. Reclamation district members shall consist of the following:
(1) One member from the area of the North Delta Water
Agency as described in Section 9.1 of the North Delta Water Agency Act (Chapter 283 of the Statutes of 1973).
(2) One member from an area including the west Delta consisting of the area of the County of Contra Costa within the
Delta and within the Central Delta Water Agency as described in Section 9.1 of the Central Delta Water Agency Act (Chapter 1133 of the Statutes of 1973).
(3) One member from the area of the South Delta Water Agency as described in Section 9.1 of the South Delta Water Agency Act (Chapter 1089 of the Statutes of 1973).
(d) The Secretary of Food and Agriculture, or the secretarys sole designee.
(e) The executive officer of the State Lands Commission, or the executive officers sole designee.
(f) The Secretary of the Natural Resources Agency, or his or her sole designee.
Secretary of Transportation, or his or her sole designee.